Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dream a little dream of me...

For a while I've been intrigued by what goes on in the brain during sexual dreams. It seems like somehow, the usual connection between physical stimulation, erection, ejaculation, and the feeling of orgasm comes undone, in a way that is hard to predict. Clearly guys can have wet dreams without physically stimulating themselves, so in that sense it's possible to "think off" in your sleep. Last night I had an interesting alternative to that experience. I dreamed that I had two utterly authentic, wow-that-felt-great, honest-to-goodness orgasms, in rapid succession. But I didn't ejaculate. As I woke up afterwards I was certain I was going to find a puddle in my bed, but no, nothing. Just a nice firm erection. Which I proceeded to stimulate in the more usual manner, with the usual results :-)

Clearly the part of my brain that feels the pleasure of an orgasm was firing off without my body reacting in the usual way, and going into a refractory period afterwards. I wonder if there is some way to do that while awake.

Has anyone else had an equivalent experience?

No comments: