Saturday, January 19, 2008

(backlog: Jan 4th 2008) You have to start somewhere...

I can't say I have a boring sex life. But I must admit that I've focussed on quality, and variety, rather than quantity. I have probably tried more experiemntal stuff, in terms of fetishes, bondage, pegging, and what have you, than quite a lot of people. I can't really complain.

Still, it came as a rude shock when my primary partner and I compared how many people we'd had it off with. In the time we've been together, she's acquired almost three times as many partners/fuckbuddies as I have in my whole adult life. And that makes me wonder, why?

For some time I've speculated that women have an easier time picking up than guys do. If a women propositions a guy for sex, the chances seem pretty good that he'll say yes, if he's not otherwise attached. A guy doing the same runs the risk of a facefull of mace and a restraining order - or at least, that's what the 1990s told us.

And yet, I wonder if that's right? Have I not had as many partners as Queenie because I thought I'd offend or upset women by being too forward? Did society and my natural tendency to be nice to others stand in the way of shagging everyone I want to?

Or am I just a big chicken?

Well, this year I'm going to find out. I recently read Neil Strauss' book The Game, and it was amazing how much struck a chord with me. I finally understood why all the guys like me got completely overlooked by all the beautiful girls in high school, who flocked around the guys with IQs that could be counted on the fingers of one foot!

So this year I'm going to find out what I have to change about myself in order to get laid as much as I want. And can I do it while still being a nice guy?

This journal will be a combination of sexual adventures (I hope), philosophising about the place of sex in society, and anything else that seems to fit in. Since it's a counterpart to Queenie's journal, it will follow a similar format, complete with orgasm count, my purity score, and explicit content (you have been warned). But I'm still learning how to let my inner slut out, so I'll probably be focussing more on idle thougts than field reports for a while.

A bit about me; I'm athletic and well-educated, people often tell me I'm attractive, and I'm in a polyamorous relationship. I'm interested in most things sexual, especially ways to make it better (like any other physical activity, exercise and practice make a big difference), and have a list of things to do this year. One of these is more experience with same-sex encounters. I've had a small amount of experience there, but I think it's time to get more. As the discussion above suggests, I'm also keen to have more sex with a wider range of partners, including more group encounters, rather than the comfort zone of long-term relationships (even though I find those I have had to be deeply fulfilling).

Okay, that's the introduction. More entries will come along in the near future. Hopefully they'll be interesting ;-)

No comments: